Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bad Christian...

Lent is tomorrow and I forgot. Not that I forgot, technically I didn't even know when it was this year. I totally skipped it last year and I vowed to do better this year. So what am I going to give up for 40 days as a sacrifice? I could give up chocolate but I don't really eat that much. Soda? I don't drink enough. The whole point is to give up something that is an "idol" and that would really miss during those 40 days without it but you give it up because of Jesus's enormous sacrifice for us.

So I started thinking, "what do I do entirely too much that "runs" me?" I made a list. First on the list? Facebook. Sad, isn't it? It is. Harvesting, growing my town, playing mindjolt pool and checking out what my friends are up to a hundred times a day has gotten a little too important. So for the 40 days of Lent no Facebook. I can do it. The temptation will be hard to fight but I can do it. Maybe since I'm not checking Facebook numerous times throughout the day I'll actually get some writing done. What a concept!

Hopefully, I'm not shooting myself in the foot by adding one more thing to my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment