Monday, June 8, 2009

Review: Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl

As promised from yesterday, here is my review for Victoria Dahl's Talk Me Down. FYI, Lori's story comes out next month(July). I can't wait!



Molly Jenkins has one naughty little secret: her job as a bestselling erotic fiction author. Until her inspiration runs dry—thanks to a creepy ex—and it’s time to skip town and move back to tiny Tumble Creek, Colorado.

One look at former high school hunk chief of police Ben Lawson and Molly is back in business. The town gossip is buzzing at her door and, worse still, a stalker seems to be watching her every move. Thankfully, her very own lawman has taken to coming over, often. The only problem now is that Molly may have to let the cat out of the bag about her chosen profession, and straitlaced Ben will definitely not approve.…







I found this book after about an hour of roaming around the bookstore because I wasn’t really sure what I was in the mood to read or buy. The cover immediately caught my eye. The back cover blurb caught my attention and the book itself definitely kept it.

Molly is such a realistic character. She’s not perfect and she does make mistakes. Some of the things she did to make the hero, Ben, jealous were a bit childish but it was easy to get over. Haven’t we all done silly things at one point or another to get a guys attention? At first her “self gradification” bothered me a bit but then it was refreshing because it is “taboo” in romance novels for characters to “help” themselves. Single ladies have needs, too, right? Even if they don’t admit it. When you get to know Ben it’s easy to see why Molly wrote about him. He’s sexy and Alpha but he has a soft spot for her and it shows. He didn’t have an easy adolesence but he doesn’t let it weight him down. Even though he tries to stay away he is drawn to Molly like a magnet.

I really can’t describe more of the plot because I would seriously give things away. But I will say that there is some suspense thrown in for good measure. It’s not all about Molly and Ben jumping each others bones every chance they got, although that was certainly enjoyable to read.



Things I liked:
Everything! The characters. The plot. The pace. The sex scenes. It was chalked full of them but it didn’t overpower the book. There seriously wasn’t anything about this book that stuck out to me that I didn’t like. I think I experienced every single kind of emotion in the span of reading this book.

What I disliked:
Nothing!

Rating: A . It now has its own little spot on my Keeper Shelf.

Publication Date/Price: January 2009/$6.99

Author’s website: http://www.victoriadahl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment