Monday, June 1, 2009

Dreams...

Every wonder if the things you want to do with your life are what you're really supposed to do? I have.

Being a Christian, I wonder if some of the dreams I have are my own selfish wants and desires or if God has placed them in my heart because they are part of His plan for me. This was the topic of yesterday's sermon. I was excited because I have been questioning if my aspirations to be a published writer were from God or not because I've been pursuing it since 2o02 and nothing has come of us. Granted, I haven't been actively pursuing it but it's okay. Today is a new day. Now, I truly believe this is the plan God has for me.

Here are a few ways to tell if your dream, whatever it may be, is planted inside you by God:

-it feels right
-it excites you
-it keeps you up at night because you can't stop thinking about it
-it's fulfilling
-it makes you feel like you were made to do it.

Hearing all of this got me extremely motivated to write again. I know I can do this. If I couldn't, God wouldn't have placed he desire in me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment