Monday, May 11, 2009

Sluggish Mondays

Why do Mondays always drag you down and make you want to stay in bed? Sadly, I could not stay in bed past 6:30 because of a hungry six month old. Who would have guessed that babies have to eat? Other than waking way earlier than I would prefer life with my son is great! I can have a horrible day and it all disappears when he smiles at me.

Apparently, Mondays aren't the only sluggish days for me. Everyday is sluggish where my writing is concerned. I am slowly but surely getting back into it. I'll look at a scene here, write a few lines or character description here. I have yet to find my niche and that bugs me. Maybe one of these days I'll find it. Maybe my Muse Faries can find it for me. For those of you who are unfamilar with muses. Everyone has an idea of what their muse is. Mine are the three faeries for Sleeping Beauty. Why? Because I change stories so often. Think of the scene where they keep changing the color of Aurora's dress. Make sense?

I'm not quite sure how I trailed down the rabbit hole by talking about Sleeping Beauty but if nothing else it will help you get to know me better. That sounds like a good excuse, right? I think so.

Anyway, I am determined to make 2009 "the" year. If nothing else I will submit to an agent and publisher. That's a hefty goal, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment